"Bringing people together for important conversations is core to the mission of Clubhouse." - Paul Davison, Cofounder of Clubhouse
Hey everyone, I'm Susan!
I just want to help those who are trying to figure out how to get on and maximize Clubhouse. I'm all about efficiency, so I have collected the questions I am getting from my colleagues and providing answers below. I'm updating this info DAILY with my notes, so come back often. Enjoy!
WHY SHOULD I JOIN CLUBHOUSE?
CH is like a live podcast where you listen to moderators hosting rooms on many different current topics. You can raise your hand and ask them questions. If you are invited to "the stage", you can talk to them and interact. You listen, ask questions, and share information. It thrives on networking and authenticity in any industry. There are tons of networking and FREE advice from billionaires to everyday people sharing their knowledge.
I've made so many legitimate contacts in the past week than I have in the last year. I've heard major deals being made right before my ears. I've listened to Gary Vee, Grant Cardone, Russell Brunson and MAJOR entrepreneurs share where their head is right now. It's awesome to hear how everyone is adjusting due to COVID and what the latest trends are.
10 STEPS TO GETTING STARTED:
- Download the app (iOS only for now while in beta) and reserve your username.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CLUBHOUSE
- Wait to be waved in or invited (unless you were fortunate enough to have someone use their invite on you.)
- Once you are in, walk through the steps they prompt you with: username, profile pic, bio, follow people, add your interests.
- They will recommend people to follow, but I highly suggest carefully curating this list to your interests and make sure the people you follow are someone you’d like to be notified of when they talk in a room. Otherwise, if you follow too many at first, you will be overwhelmed with which rooms to go and listen to.
- Once you are in, your home feed is a "hallway" where all of the active groups you can join will show. Jump in! No risk, you are muted unless they invite you to the stage to talk.
- If you raise your hand and want to talk, the moderators can let you in. If they let you in, MUTE yourself until you are asked to talk.
- Write your bio - It's very important to show you you are within the formats of CH. I suggest go and find someone like you, model their bio format. I've included my bio below. I'm still tweaking mine, so most importantly be YOU!
- Link your IG and Twitter. You can message people by going to their DMs in IG/Twitter. I’ve made so many new connections on IG, it’s CRAZY! Keep in mind: The only links that are "live" (meaning clickable) are your Twitter and IG bios. So your links for people to find you have to be in your IG or Twitter bios.
- Scroll to the bottom of the bio of people you like and see what clubhouse groups they are a part of. Click them, if it’s something you want to join, click join/follow. Those are the rooms that will pop up in your hallway.
- Have fun! Stay positive, don't overly self-promote, support others, follow and connect with people you vibe with!
Want more steps? Here's a deep dive.
- If you’ve followed people that you aren’t vibing with, and you are getting too many unwanted rooms on your hallways, just go to who you follow and either unfollow the ones that don’t make sense, or click the bell and choose “never ever” on their notifications.
Your network is your net worth! Get in rooms and listen and participate. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU WILL MEET!
- Be yourself and be transparent. Just have some great conversations and let things naturally happen.
- IMO, Clubhouse is predicated on "the more you give, the more you get".
Lingo & Terms
PTR means pull to refresh.
No capping means don't fake that you are something you aren't. CH thrives on authenticity and sincerity.
Nuggets / Gems - great info shared for free by an expert.
FOMO - Fear of missing out
O.G. - the "original gangster" :) Someone who was somewhere first and used when talking about an industry, someone in the app first, etc.
If I've provided value, follow me on Clubhouse @susanprowse and on Instagram.com/susanerwinprowse!
That's all I ask!
You can email me, I answer ALL OF THEM! email@example.com